Geodynamics is currently seeking an experienced mid-level Surveyor and team leader to be based in Morehead City, North Carolina. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field of coastal and offshore surveying and the ability to manage survey projects. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment and assist in the oversight of both field and office crews. The successful candidate will lead field data collection in various marine and terrestrial environments using modern techniques. Other general duties will include data processing, analysis, report production, equipment maintenance and other duties as assigned.
The candidate should have either a B.S. or technical training in Geomatics or a related discipline. Applicants should possess recognized hydrographer certification (e.g. NSPS - THSOA or IHO Cat A or B).
Primary Responsibilities / Duties
- Direct acquisition and oversight of teams collecting data using multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, mobile laser scanning, and sub-bottom profiling.
- Acquire and process data derived from precise positioning systems such as RTK-GNSS, VRS, DGPS and inertial navigation.
- Support data processing, analysis and reporting efforts including oversight of team.
- Assist with daily management of teams, including but not limited to survey planning and general operations.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of professional hydrographic experience.
- B.S. or technical training in Geomatics or related disciplines.
- Hydrographer certification (NSPS-THSOA CH or IHO Cat A or Cat B)
- Ability to work in a team environment, self-manage, and manage others.
- Experience with data acquisition systems including: multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, inertial navigation, sub-bottom profilers.
- Experience with industry standard software packages including: Hypack, Caris, QPS, POS Pac, ArcGIS, etc.
- Ability to perform field work including travel and weekends, and the physical ability to lift objects over 50lbs.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- A commitment to seeing projects through to completion, a high attention to detail and an enthusiastic attitude.
Compensation / Benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to a base salary, our Field Bonus Program provides extra compensation for field work (weekday and weekends).
- Team work environment with a committment to mentorship and continuing education and advancement. Ability to grow within the firm.
- Paid leave includes annual sick leave, 7 federal holidays, and a minimum of 10 days paid vacation. Additional vacation leave can be earned through our Field Bonus Program.
- Our 401k retirement program includes a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6% of salary, an automatic 3% employer contribution, and potential for Profit Sharing employer contributions.
- Employees receive health, dental, and life insurance benefits with premiums currently paid entirely by the company.
- Dog-friendly office environment.
Geodynamics is an equal opportunity employer.